Friday, March 2, 2012

Wet 'n' Wild Silent Treatment Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio (Review + Swatches)


Where to buy: CVS, Target, Walgreens
Price: $2.99

After eying this eyeshadow trio for so long, I finally got my hands on it! Click on the link below to see swatches and my thoughts on it!


I haven't really bought any makeup from Wet 'n' Wild prior to 2010, but from what I've heard, their products weren't that great in previous years. It wasn't until the past few years that they've released better products! I own some of their 8-pan eyeshadow palettes so I knew that these trios would be just as good!

The Silent Treatment trio is a pretty neutral palette. It has a light peach shade (browbone), a plummy dark brown shade with flecks of gold glitter (crease), and a grayish-lavender shade (eyelid). The pigmentation of the browbone shade doesn't look too great when I swatched it with my finger, but when I used a brush to apply it onto my lids I found the pigmentation to be fairly good. I don't really use it as a browbone shade because I like my browbone color to be less peachy, but it's a really nice shade for an all-over lid color or it can be used as a transitional color. The crease color has really good pigmentation. This color can be used in the crease to intensify the look or it can be used as a liner. My favorite shade out of the three is the eyelid color. I really like purples and I really like taupes; this color is a combination of the two. Sometimes it leans more purple and sometimes it leans more towards a gray shade. I like to use this on my lid. Sometimes I use it with other shadows, other times I wear it on its own and blend out the edges for an all-over lid color.

^ Eyelid, Crease, Browbone


This palette can be used for everyday neutral looks but it can also be used for a more intense smokey eye. This is the only trio I have from this Wet 'n' Wild line, and I really like it. For just $2.99 per palette, I don't think you can go wrong! It's really inexpensive and the quality is really good! :)

*Be sure to check out your local CVS for weekly deals because Wet 'n' Wild products are on sale from time to time. I actually got this trio for 40% off ($1.79)!

No comments:

Post a Comment