Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Review: Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30


Price: ~$14
Where to buy: any drugstore that sells Physicians Formula products (I purchased mine at CVS)

This powder is described to be "an ultra-fine mineral powder that delivers impeccable coverage for a flawless airbrushed finish," and it "visibly reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, pores and sun damage." It is also hypoallergenic, fragrance free, paraben free, and non-comedogenic. It comes with an SPF of 30 which is good so that it protects your skin from the sun. While I don't really have any fine lines or wrinkles, I do notice that it reduces the appearance of my pores. Now, I bought this powder because I've been trying to find a drugstore alternative for my beloved MAC MSF Natural. I honestly don't think it is as good and offers as much coverage to my MAC powder. The coverage is decent and it blends really nicely onto the skin though. On me, this product lasted for about 3-4 hours before I had to touch up. Keep in mind though that I have oily skin, so this powder didn't really control the oil very well. If you have dry or normal skin, then I think it might work better for you! I'd also like to add that this powder did not break me out.


This pressed powder comes in two shades (Translucent and Beige). I have the one in Beige, which is a bit too dark for me at the moment but I think it'll work better with my skin in the summer once I get a little more tanned. I wish it came with a better selection of shades instead of having just two.


I love the packaging for this product! I really like the shade of blue that they used for the casing. The packaging itself is really similar to other Physicians Formula products such as the ones in their Happy Booster line. Some say that it is a little bulking, but I don't really mind. There is also a small brush that comes with this product. If you're familiar with their Happy Booster line, those also came with small brushes underneath the product as well. While this brush is fairly soft, I don't really find myself using it. I'd rather use my full-sized face brushes to apply the product.


Overall, I don't think I'd be repurchasing this face powder. I love the fact that it has SPF and it does diminish the appearance of my pores. However, oil control is a huge factor for me and it doesn't seem to control my oils too well. I would reach for this product if I'm running out to do errands for a few hours or if I'm just lounging around but I wouldn't wear it if I know I will be out all day. For those of you with oily skin like me, I'd skip it (You'll probably be able to find other drugstore powders that work better!). For those with dry or normal skin, then I'd recommend you give it a try! You might like it! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment