Thursday, August 25, 2011

L'oreal EverStrong Reconstruct Shampoo


Price: ~$5.99
Purchased at: any drugstore (I bought mine at Target)

I have never tried a sulfate-free shampoo before so when this product came out I was really intrigued. I've been looking for something that isn't too expensive so I thought I'd give this a try.


At first, I didn't think it was too bad. It has a nice smell (rosemary and juniper). The scent was really pleasant and natural. I was also surprised at the amount of lather this has. You only need a small amount and it foams up really well. I think it's a lot creamier than most shampoos I've tried.

My main gripe with this product is the fact that it's not as hydrating as it claims to be. My hair felt really strong after showering with it while it was still wet. But after it dries, the ends were extremely dry. At first, I thought it might have been my conditioner, but I've used the same one with other shampoos as well and it was never this drying. My ends felt really stiff and brittle. For someone who dyes their hair frequently, I need a shampoo that is hydrating because my hair is already exposed to a lot of drying chemicals as is.

Overall, I'm not a big fan of this product. Maybe it would work better with its counterpart conditioner, but I think that you can find a better shampoo at drugstore price. I don't think I'd be repurchasing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment