Monday, August 22, 2011

OPI Significant Other Color & China Glaze Crushed Candy Crackle




To be honest, when I first purchased these two polishes I wasn't too fond of them. OPI Significant Other Color was extremely sheer on me when I first swatched it. As for China Glaze Crushed Candy, it didn't crackle as well as the other crackles/shatters I have. Last night I was experimenting with colors and I thought I'd pair these two polishes together. To my surprise, I actually ended up liking it a lot! :)


^ Significant Other color is a duochrome polish. It goes from a light purple to a light green. It looks really pretty in the sunlight where the color change is more noticeable. The polish applied much nicer this time because I used a gray base to help enhance the color. I would suggest using a white, black, or gray base when using this polish - unless you like the look of sheer polish! :)

^ Crushed Candy also applied better for me as well. Lately when I use my crackle polishes, I'd always put thinner in it before and after I used it (just a couple of drops!). I think this helps the polish because it prevents it from getting dried up over time. I also shake the bottle every once in a while to keep the formula from separating. I'm not too sure how other people maintain their shatter/crackle polishes, but for me, this works!




Overall, I really like this color combo! :)
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment